Vegan Grandma

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Vegan Pecan Not-Meat Balls


I found this recipe with some old papers I was going through, today (It’s amazing how many pieces of paper I accumulate!) I don’t know where it came from, but I made it for dinner tonight, because I had all the ingredients on hand. I thought it was very good.

1 cup pecans, blended until smooth
1 pound tofu
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
3 teaspoons garlic
1 ½ teaspoons ground sage

In a blender, blend the tofu until it is smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Allow the mixture to thicken in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Shape into 2-inch balls. Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil, and bake at 400 degrees F., turning several times. Check for brownness every 10 minutes. This should not take more than 30 minutes. You can also brown on the stove top in a lightly sprayed pan, turning to brown on all sides.

Serve on whole wheat rolls with spaghetti sauce, or serve with spaghetti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home