Vegan Grandma

Friday, October 20, 2006

Lemon Portobello Mushrooms
serves 4


I made this for lunch, today, along with a green salad. I love portobellos, and these were really delicious. The recipe is from The Convenient Vegetarian, Quick and Easy Meatless Cooking, by Virginia Messina and Kate Schumann, published by Macmillan, page 94.


The mushrooms can be served in sandwich rolls or added to a grain salad, as well as eaten just the way they are. You can also use the marinade on whole portobello caps, and cook on the grill.
I had some trouble with my broiler, so I baked the mushrooms in the oven at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. They still turned out O.K.


1 pound fresh portobello mushrooms, sliced

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest

3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard

½ teaspoon finely minced garlic ( I used 1 teaspoon because I like garlic a lot)

1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the boiler. Place the mushrooms in a single later on a baking pan with sides. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, and pour over the mushrooms. Broil until tender and brown, about 6 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home