Vegan Grandma

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Andy Rooney's Comment on Vegetarianism

The following is from a weekly 60 Minutes commentary by CBS News correspondent Andy Rooney. For the complete commentary, go to:

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/28/60minutes/rooney/main2048965.shtml

"I often pass a farm with cows grazing in the field and I think to myself how terrible it is that human beings grow other animals just to kill them and eat them."

"Most of us think of vegetarians as nuts and I'm not a vegetarian but I wouldn't be surprised if we came to a time in 50 or 100 years when civilized people everywhere refused to eat animals. I could be one of them. "

"Of course, I'd be pretty old by then."

By Andy Rooney ,CBS Broadcasting Inc.



******************************************************************************
"It is incredible how much prejudice has been allowed to operate in favor of meat, while so many facts are opposed to the pretended necessity of its use."-Philippe Hecquet, Treatise on Dispensations
******************************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home