Vegan Grandma

Monday, January 01, 2007

Fresh Mango Sauce


I wish everyone a very happy new year!

I’m getting ready to move to a new apartment. I won’t be moving too far away, just across the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg, but It’s a lot of work getting ready. I won’t be blogging quite as much until I get settled into my new place at the end of January. I’m excited about the move, though. It's a much nicer place.

Here is a very simple mango recipe that I really like, from Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tips, by David Joachim, published by Rodale, page 446. I think some of the best tasting recipes are the simplest.

This is good over vegan ice cream or waffles.



Fresh Mango Sauce
makes about 2 cups

1 large pitted and chopped mango (see my blog from 12/30/06.)

3 tablespoons brown sugar (or the sweetener of your choice, to your taste-I use agave nectar. Since agave is a liquid, my mango sauce is more runny, but still good.)

1 tablespoon lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home